Nov 1, 2011

University

29 more days to go... and then I'm done studying!! I have two more weeks of classes, one study week, and then one more exam week.

Today is a monumental day for my SMU studies, because I have completed 2 presentations in non-exam courses, meaning that I am done with them.

However...

I still have 3 exams to go.

21 Nov. The Shipping Business exam encompasses a lot of knowledge. I mostly fear the Bills of Lading, insurance, and legal part of the course as well as the financing (futures etc.) component. On my midterm I got a 9.5/10 so hopefully with a lot of studying I can do well on this final exam.

26 Nov. The Singapore Society exam will be the most obscure one. Without any study books, I suppose I will have to write an essay based on the knowledge I gained during class. One can't really prepare for this exam so I'm just hoping for the best.

29 Nov. The Psychology exam is the most exhaustive, because for this exam I need to memorize (yes, memorize) 400 pages of information.

Interesting fact: SMU grading is based on a bell curve. Rather than absolute grades, relative grades are employed. This means that 15% gets an A, 30% a B, etc. So the person with the highest score gets an A+ and after that the rest follows.

Singapore Library

Food Court in University

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Kim
    Ik heb je blog weer gelezen. Je moet nog veel doen voor je examens en in vrij korte tijd .Ook begrijp ik dat je het in sngapore naar je zin het. Mooie
    fotos van het strand en van de universiteit ook overal groen. Hier is het de hele week al mooi weer met niet veel wind en veel zon en dat voor november. Niet te geloven Ik heb ook veel in de tuin gedaan. Overal blad weggehaald.
    Kim ik wens je veel sterkte met je studie en geniet ook no van destad en omgeving.
    Hartelijke groeten Oma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lieve Oma,

    Het gaat inderdaad heel goed hier. Omdat ik goed ben bijgebleven met m'n studie, heb ik nu wat vrije tijd om te genieten van de stad. Ik heb vandaag naar een chocolate buffet geweest (heerlijk!) en ga morgen waarschijnlijk naar het strand om een beetje te zonnen. Dat hangt echter af van het weer; het is nu regenseizoen en dan kan het heel erg hard regenen.

    Overal zijn al kerst decoraties te zien. Best wel grappig om tussen de kerstbomen door te lopen in november in 30 graden.

    xKim

    ReplyDelete