Dec 19, 2011

Last Days in Singapore

The first week of December my parents travelled to Singapore and for 5 days I showed them around the city. We then went on a week long trip to Phuket, Thailand. It was a nice relaxing week and we went to Patong beach where I bought a gorgeous sarong. We also went to the Phi Phi Islands (apparently they filmed the movie "The Beach" with Leonardo Dicaprio there) which was very picturesque. I won't have access to the photos until after Christmas, but I will put them up then.

Right now I still have two days left in Singapore, because I fly back to Amsterdam on Wednesday at 23:50 with Singapore Airlines. I can't wait to go home for Christmas, but it's also strange to say goodbye to the place I've come to consider as my second home. Tomorrow I will be saying goodbye to some of the friends I've made on this exchange and though I will miss them, I know that I will see them again sometime in the future. We shared a unique experience on this exchange in Singapore and will never forget it.

Today my grades were released. Yes, remember, I was here doing university courses, too! SMU uses a curve to grade.

From Wikipedia: "For example, if there are three grades, A, B and C, where A is reserved for the top 10% of students, B for the next 20%, and C for the remaining 70%, then scores in the percentile interval from 0% to 70% get grade C, scores from 71% to 90% get grade B, and scores from 91% to 100% get grade A." So, if you got an A you were definitely in the top 10% of the course at SMU. My grades:

Shipping Business A -
Enterprise Development A -
Singapore Society A
Intercultural Communication A -
Intro to Psychology B +

I am really happy and find this a great way to end my stay in Singapore - knowing that I worked hard at SMU and got the grades to show for it AND that at the same time I enjoyed my free time to the max; going out, travelling, and having a great time with new friends.

1 comment:

  1. Good Job!
    We are very proud of you and had a great time during our visit.
    See you this thursday.
    Xoxo Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete