Aug 15, 2011

Tioman Diving Trip Part II

In total we did 5 dives. We descended at this site (called Renggis) and saw Nemo fish, cuttle fish, large fish, a fish that changed colour, and ... a turtle!!

Saturday night after 3 dives we were very tired, but I made a beach walk to fully enjoy the sunset.

We stayed at the Berjaya resort and the food buffet was amazing. The room was nice and there were great dive sites all around the island.

In this picture I'm wearing a wetsuit as we were on our way to our next dive. I really enjoyed diving. Sadly, I had some problems equalizing (=unblocking your ears), because I had the flu and it really hurts your ears when you descend. Once you got to the ocean floor it was all right and you just had to make sure your knees didn't scrape corral and you kept finning in the right direction; aka keep your body horizontal and slowly fin forwards.

I was very impressed by the jungle. I have been to Bali before, but this was much wilder. This was an amazing trip and I got to know my buddy (Veronika) a lot better as well as all the other awesome people who dove to the depths of the ocean - up to 13 m below sea level!

No comments:

Post a Comment