Sep 19, 2011

Manila Part II

Manila; the luxurious part. This post I must dedicate to three places; Mary Grace, Bizu, and the Shangri La.

Mary Grace was the cutest little cafe that sold delicious lemon bars and apple cinnamon ice tea (Christmas anyone?)!

The theme of Mary Grace was very cozy and home-y.

We had a small high tea upon arrival at Bizu; a more modern cafe with pink and purple decorations. Very nouveau riches.

At Bizu there was the service button - push it and thou shall be served.

Inside Bizu with a delicious piece of carrot cake.





Besides spending our time eating and drinking tea, we also did some massages, manicures/pedicure, and a facial.



My Shangri La High Tea. In this very expensive location, I paid 12 euros for this entire étagère and unlimited Twinings tea.

Ann-Katrin had the traditional High Tea and in the background you can see the orchestra of 30 people which played relaxing classic music the entire time.



Overall Manila was a very relaxing city trip and I felt like I experienced some of the Philippino culture. Not in the pictures, but I also ate some crickets! When in Asia... do the abnormal (but safe)!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm crickets; that is something I've never tasted. How did you like them?

    Leo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crickets were very crunchy. In Tokyo this past week I tried horse meat sashimi, also a distinct taste. I must admit that I preferred the horse meat over the cow's tongue (supposedly a delicacy)!

    ReplyDelete